REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR OUR FALL PRODUCTION!
Be a part of the La Jolla Playhouse’s WOW Festival 2019 and the Student Fall production of
PANDORA AND THE JAR OF HOPE / FLIGHT OF HOPE!
Our Student Fall Production will be the BIGGEST theatre offering in town for young theatre artists, by engaging them in both behind-the-scenes and on-stage roles at Theatre Arts School of San Diego. These young artists will have the chance to work with professional actors in the prestigious WOW festival as well as in an exclusive production just for TAS+SD artists in November!
La Jolla Playhouse’s Without Walls (WOW) Festival 2019 is an exhilarating weekend of immersive and site-inspired theatre, dance, music and family-friendly works, taking place October 17 – 20 at ARTS DISTRICT Liberty Station, in partnership with the NTC Foundation. The WOW Festival is a community-wide event showcasing more than 20 productions occurring simultaneously in unique locations throughout the ARTS DISTRICT. This year’s Festival boasts numerous collaborations with renowned San Diego theatre and dance companies, along with acclaimed national and international artists.
TAS+SD Theatre Artists will:
1) Provide creative support to the professional company for PANDORA AND THE JAR OF HOPE at La Jolla Playhouse’s WOW Festival 2019.
These behind-the-scenes roles will include one or more of the following positions:
* Sound Design and Operation (using QLab)
* Lighting Design and Operation (using DMX operator)
* Art Installation Creation and Management
*Large Scale Puppet Creation
2) Create and perform monologues to be presented at the WOW Festival in a public courtyard area centered around the theme of “HOPE.”
3) Shadow the professional company of PANDORA AND THE JAR OF HOPE in their rehearsal process.
4) Take over the roles of the professional company of PANDORA AND THE JAR OF HOPE, and present it as Act One of our Fall Production.
5) Develop an Act Two of our Fall Production, entitled FLIGHT OF HOPE, engaging in playwriting, script development, and acting.
THIS THEATRE PROJECT IS FOR STUDENTS AGES 8-18. STUDENT THEATRE ARTISTS WILL WORK WITHIN THEIR AGE GROUP FOR VARIOUS BEHIND-THE-SCENES PROJECTS. YOUNGER ARTISTS WILL HAVE AN ABBREVIATED SCHEDULE DURING THE WOW FESTIVAL.
$385 (INCLUDES ALL INSTRUCTION, COSTUMES, PROPS, ETC… FOR THE PRODUCTION. STUDENT THEATRE ARTISTS WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN SHOES AND UNDERGARMENTS. STUDENT THEATRE ARTISTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PROMOTE THE SHOW, BUT ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SELL TICKETS. THIS FEE MAY BE BROKEN UP INTO TWO PAYMENTS.)
The schedule for this program is as unique as the program itself. Please read very carefully. You may fill out conflicts on our Production Form,
as we realize you may have a couple of conflicts.
PART ONE - WOW FESTIVAL SHADOWING REHEARSAL SCHEDULE:
*Student Theatre Artists will attend at least ONE of these rehearsals.
Monday, Sept 16: 6:00-9:00 pm
Sunday, Sept 22: 12:00-3:00 pm
Sunday, Sept 29: 12:00-3:00 pm
Monday, Sept 30: 6:00-9:00 pm
Sunday, Oct 6: 12:00-3:00 pm
Monday, Oct 7: 6:00-9:00 pm
PART TWO - SMALL GROUP COACHING ON BEHIND-THE-SCENES POSITIONS / MONOLOGUES:
*Student Theatre Artists will arrange time with the PANDORA AND THE JAR OF HOPE Creative Team between Sept. 16 and Oct. 12 to be trained on their behind-the-scenes projects / monologue creation for the WOW Festival.
PART THREE - WOW FESTIVAL TECH SCHEDULE:
*Student Theatre Artists will attend all of these rehearsals.
Sunday, Oct 13: TECH 12:00-5:00 pm
Monday, Oct 14: TECH 6:00-9:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct 15: DRESS REHEARSAL 4:00-9:00pm
Wednesday, Oct 16: DRESS REHEARSAL 4:00-9:00pm
PART FOUR - WOW FESTIVAL SCHEDULE:
*Exact call times will depend on the Student Theatre Artist’s position in the WOW Festival.
Thursday, October 17: 2:30pm-6:00pm
Friday, October 18: 2:30pm-6:00pm
Saturday, October 19: 9:00am-6:00pm
Sunday, October 20: 9:00am-6:00pm
PART FIVE - STUDENT FALL PRODUCTION REHEARSAL SCHEDULE:
*All actors will be called to all rehearsals.
Friday, November 1: 4:30pm-6:30pm
Sunday, November 3: 12:00pm-5:00pm
Monday, November 4: 4:30-6:30pm
Tuesday, November 5: 4:30-6:30pm
Wednesday, November 6: 4:30-6:30pm
Thursday, November 7: 4:30-6:30pm
PART SIX - STUDENT FALL PRODUCTION PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE:
Friday, November 8: 7:30 performance (6:00 call time)
Saturday, November 9: 2:00 performance (12:30 call time)
Saturday, November 9: 7:30 performance (6:00 call time)
Sunday, November 10: 2:00 performance (12:30 call time)
Sunday, November 10: 7:30 performance (6:00 call time)
1. Read our REGISTRATION POLICIES.
2. Please fill out the PRODUCTION FORM HERE.
3. Please fill out the TAS+SD REGISTRATION FORM HERE. (If we have one on file, and your information has not changed, you do not need to fill this out.)
4. Pay the production fee by clicking the buttons below. You may pay for the entire fee now, or you may break it into two payments. If you choose the partial payment option, the second payment will be due by October 1, 2019.