NEWS ALERT! THE SKY HAS FALLEN!
Unidentified flying objects are breaking through the sky like meteors!
They have arrived. What do we do now?
Will there be a peaceful exchange or an intergalactic war?
Theatre Arts School of San Diego has been writing original musicals specifically for our theatre artists for the past 6 years and we are proud to present our latest out-of-this-world creation! THE SKY HAS FALLEN is one galactic story told two ways: one story begins with the arrival of aliens on planet Earth, while the other tells the tale of humans visiting a nearby planet. These two musicals will play in repertory at TAS+SD in June 2019. Musically, this production pays homage to the connection between pop music in the 1950s and the public obsession with alien life. (Think “The Purple People Eater,” “The Flying Saucer,” “Flying Saucer Rock n’ Roll.”) Actors will be cast in either the EARTHLING CAST or the UFO CAST. Because it is important that the entire company works together, we will bring both casts together each week through the rehearsal process.
THIS IS A UNIQUE THEATRE EXPERIENCE:
THEATRE ARTISTS WILL BE PLAYING PRINCIPLE ROLES THAT ARE KIDS, TEENS, ADULTS - BOTH HUMAN AND ALIEN.
WE CREATE THE ROLES FOR OUR THEATRE ARTISTS, SO AT THE AUDITION, WE WANT YOU TO BRING “YOU” TO THE TABLE.
THIS PRODUCTION IS FOR AGES 8-18
Sunday, April 28 from 12:00-3:30 - BOTH CASTS
REHEARSALS - (ACTORS WILL BE CALLED ONLY WHEN NEEDED)
Thursday, May 2 from 4:45-6:45 - EARTHLING CAST
Friday, May 3 from 4:45-6:45 - UFO CAST
Sunday, May 5 from 12:00-3:30 - BOTH CASTS
Thursday, May 9 from 4:45-6:45 - EARTHLING CAST
Friday, May 10 from 4:45-6:45 - UFO CAST
Sunday, May 12 from 12:00-3:30 - BOTH CASTS
Thursday, May 16 from 4:45-6:45 - EARTHLING CAST
Friday, May 17 from 4:45-6:45 - UFO CAST
Sunday, May 19 from 12:00-3:30 - BOTH CASTS
Thursday, May 23 from 4:45-6:45 - EARTHLING CAST
Friday, May 24 from 4:45-6:45 - UFO CAST
Sunday, May 26 from 12:00-3:30 - BOTH CASTS
Thursday, May 30 from 4:45-6:45 - EARTHLING CAST
Friday, May 31 from 4:45-6:45 - UFO CAST
Sunday, June 2 from 12:00-3:30 - BOTH CASTS
Thursday, June 6 from 4:45-6:45 - EARTHLING CAST
Friday, June 7 from 4:45-6:45 - UFO CAST
Sunday, June 9 from 12:00-3:30 - BOTH CASTS
Thursday, June 13 from 4:45-6:45 - EARTHLING CAST
Friday, June 14 from 4:45-6:45 - UFO CAST
Sunday, June 16 from 12:00-3:30 - BOTH CASTS
TECH REHEARSALS - (ALL ACTORS CALLED)
Monday, June 17 from 1:00-8:00 - EARTHLING CAST
Tuesday, June 18 from 1:00-8:00 - UFO CAST
Wednesday, June 19 from 1:00-8:00 - BOTH CASTS
PERFORMANCES - (ALL ACTORS CALLED)
Thursday, June 20 at 7pm - EARTHLING CAST
Friday, June 21 at 7pm - UFO CAST
Saturday, June 22 at 2pm - EARTHLING CAST
Saturday, June 22 at 7pm - UFO CAST
Sunday, June 23 at 2pm - EARTHLING CAST
Sunday, June 23 at 7pm - UFO CAST
AUDITIONS, REHEARSALS, AND PERFORMANCES WILL TAKE PLACE
AT THE THEATRE ARTS SCHOOL OF SAN DIEGO STUDIOS IN LIBERTY STATION.
ABOUT THE REGISTRATION / AUDITION PROCESS:
Because it is our belief at TAS+SD that all actors should be provided with an opportunity to perform, all actors who register and audition will be cast. All actors will be cast in principle roles with lines.
There are a limited number of roles in this production, so please register as soon as possible.
All actors will audition April 28 (this is a change from the initial audition call.)
It is our duty at TAS+SD to provide a positive theatre experience to all. All who audition will be in the production. Please note there are no refunds for this production. Meaning, if you do not get the part you initially wanted, that is not an excuse to drop out of the production. Each actor has something special they can bring to a role, and we look forward to the opportunity to develop these characters with our actors.
All actors must adhere to the TAS+SD Code of Conduct. Please read this document thoroughly. It will be emailed with your audition materials and also discussed at the first rehearsal.
We will call actors to rehearsals only when needed. We value your time. Rehearsal calls for the following week come out each Sunday.
The production fee for THE SKY HAS FALLEN is $385. This fee includes all instruction, materials and costumes for the theatre artists. We do not require our actors to sell tickets, but do highly encourage everyone to help promote the production. Actors may be asked to provide their own shoes and undergarments.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
1) Complete the payment for the Production Fee by clicking the REGISTER button below. If you would like to separate the production fee into two payments, please choose the second button below. The second half of the production fee will be due April 24, 2019.
2) ONCE YOU CLICK THE “REGISTER” BUTTON, YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO PAYPAL. YOU MAY PAY BY USING A CREDIT CARD OR A PAYPAL ACCOUNT. PLEASE BE SURE THE EMAIL YOU USE TO COMPLETE THIS TRANSACTION IS UP-TO-DATE. PAYPAL WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONFIRM YOUR TRANSACTION, BUT YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR CLASS INFO, REGISTRATION FORM, ETC… DIRECTLY FROM US AT TAS+SD (NO ROBOTS…REAL HUMANS WILL SEND THIS TO YOU.) IT MAY TAKE US UP TO 24 HOURS TO EMAIL YOU ALL THE FUN STUFF!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
3) Fill out the TAS+SD Production Form which will be emailed to you. (Even if you have filled out this form for other shows, you will need to fill out a new one for this production.)
4) If you are new to TAS+SD, please also fill out the online TAS+SD Registration and Release form which will be emailed to you.
5) Confirm the audition appt. which will be emailed to you.
6) Audition materials will be emailed to you.
7) Please bring a 8x10 headshot and resume to the audition.